When a road user violates the laws accidentally or intentionally, he or she needs is responsible for the traffic violation and answerable to the New Jersey municipal court. So resident must pay traffic violation ticket online through the below process.
So we shall learn To Pay a Traffic Ticket Online. As there are two main popular methods to Pay Traffic Violation Ticket Online.
Pre-Court Payments (if paying BEFORE your court date)
Payments for certain traffic tickets and certain other offences like moving violation (Speed Limit exceed) or non-moving (wrong parking) are accepted by the NJ municipal court until 3:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) on the last business day before your court date. You can easily complete your payment transaction before 3:30 p.m. (Eastern Time). Eligible offences will display “Mark for Payment” in the system as explained below.
Many people make parking violation, As the parking Prohibited areas are clearly seen. people should be aware of Parking Prohibited places. So that You may be careful in future.
Note: Pre-court payments have deemed a waiver of a court hearing and entry of a guilty plea.
Post-Court Payments (if paying AFTER your court date)
Payments made in accordance with “time to pay” or deferred payment agreements are due on the agreed-upon date. If the court has not received your payment within 40-days following your court date, your account will begin to accrue interest and will be sent to collection.
Note: Post-court payments cannot be made on the trial date. The system is updated nightly and payments can be made as of 6:00 a.m. the day after the trial date.
How To Pay Traffic Ticket Online ?
There is a 4% convenience fee assessed per transaction when payment is made by credit/debit card or using other payment gateways. Payments are made using the Municipal Court Case Information System.
- On NJMCDirect, Pay traffic ticket online at www.njmcdirect.com.
- Traffic Ticket
- Municipal complaint
- Here, you will be asked to enter the details like the court ID, prefix ID, Ticket information and license plate number.
- You can search for cases using the License plate number, the Ticket number, or the hearing date. Use the links under the tabs below the court drop-down menu to select the search method. When searching by name, enter your last name, first name and middle name (if any), and then click the Green color “Search” button. For best results, enter the Ticket number as it appears on your court summons or warrant.
- Upon locating your case, a “Mark For Payment” link will be displayed in the “Action” column if the case is eligible to be paid.
- Click on “Mark for Payment” and the case will display “Unmark for Payment” in the “Action” column. After all cases to be paid have been selected, click the “Process Payment” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Remember that maximum of five cases may be paid on one receipt at a time.
- Choose it might be a moving violation or parking.
- Verify that only your cases have been marked for payment, and then click the “Continue Payment Process” button.
- The next screen will ask for your credit card and contact information like Email or Phone number. Once completed, click the “Submit Payment” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Print a copy of the screen as your receipt confirming your payment. If you provided an e-mail address, a receipt will be e-mailed to you as payment confirmation .
- In this Process, You have successfully paid a traffic ticket online.
Hope we have clearly explained to Pay a Traffic Ticket online easily. If you do have any queries, please comment below.